Monday, January 19, 2009

Kid Quilt



Several years ago, my princess decided to take a gander at quilting. I didn't pursuade her to try but she rather decided on her own that she wanted to make something. She picked out bright, kid friendly colors and we chose an easy pattern called The Yellow Brick Road. Enthusiam came to a halt rather quickly but hey, she's a kid and sewing really isn't something a lot of kids want to do. We put it away with thinking one day she'd want to finish it. A few years passed and I came across it in a bag tucked neatly away in my fabric closet. About 6 months ago, I decided to go ahead and finish it for her and this is the end result. She had her blocks pieced, it just needed the blocks sewn in rows, layered, stippled and the binding put on. I machine quilted it over the last few days and while watching football last night, I hand sewed the binding on. I'm not one for just rolling over the edges on a quilt. I cut, piece and sew binding on. Personally I think quilts look better that way.
Not too shabby for a kid, huh? Maybe as she gets older, she'll decided to carry on the hobby. If not, I'm totally ok with it. ;)

1 comment:

Karen said...

It's beautiful. I love the colors. I hope she continues to quilt!